Have you ever wondered what it would be like to help run a business with over $530 million in assets and over 45,000 members?
Do you want to help others meet their financial goals?
Are you looking for a way to use your skills and talents to give something back to your community?
Become a Sun East volunteer!
Sun East Federal Credit Union volunteers do all the above - and much more!
As a member-owned financial cooperative, Sun East relies on member volunteers to serve on its Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee. Volunteers ensure financial soundness and guide strategic and policy decisions in a wide variety of areas including technology, branch deployment, product development, marketing and member service. By becoming a Sun East volunteer, you can help your credit union continue to grow and respond to member needs.Volunteering also provides an exciting opportunity to learn, develop business and leadership skills, and network with others.
Sun East volunteers are an integral part of Sun East's success!
How Sun East volunteers serve…
Volunteers, who come together for the sole purpose of representing the best interests of Sun East's members, are the cornerstones of what makes credit unions unique. Our volunteers enrich the lives of all the members they represent, and enhance their own leadership, management, and financial skills.
Supervisory Committee Members: Committee members are appointed by the Sun East Board of Directors on an annual basis to protect the assets of the credit union. The Supervisory Committee verifies credit union records, monitors financial controls and procedures, and works with Sun East's audit firm. Committee members typically meet on a monthly basis and have access to free training and education to help them fulfill their role.
How you can apply for a Supervisory Committee volunteer position…
Currently, Sun East has openings for Supervisory Committee volunteers. Since the Supervisory Committee plays such an important role in Sun East’s success, we ask that applicants have the following qualifications:
- Membership in good standing with Sun East
- Favorable credit rating
- At least 18 years of age and bondable
- Available for all monthly and occasional special meetings
- Willing to attend planning sessions and training programs at Sun East’s expense
- Able to work as a team member
- Not a relative or family member of or in a significant relationship with a Sun East employee, Director, or Supervisory Committee member
- Familiar with accounting and auditing principles
- Experience in establishing and monitoring internal controls
- Stays informed about current technology trends
- Understanding of how financial institutions function
If you would like to pursue this exciting opportunity, please click here to email your resume, or mail a physical copy, to:
Chairman, Supervisory Committee
Sun East Federal Credit Union • P.O. Box 2231 • Aston PA 19014